Sunday, May 4, 2008

how do I get where I'm going?


Ahhh yes, the metro










This link will help you plan your route using all types of public transportation in France, but within Paris I opt for the metro since it's so convenient and fast.

Paris' subway system is very efficient and simple from what I can remember. Most guide books explain that you have to look at the name of the stop at the end of the route to determine which train to get on. Sounds easy enough, however I do recall I managed to botch this up at least once during my last trip! Overall it's pretty straightforward - buy a pass, follow the map and get where you need to quickly.

Another reason to take the metro is that you may be lucky enough to stumble upon one of the few entrances that Hector Guimard designed. These select stops have an art nouveau flair that is oh-so-french!


image courtesy of google image search

No comments: